There’s no doubt that Brisbane summers can be unbearably hot! While air conditioning is a necessity for most of us during the summer, it’s important to take steps to ensure your system is as healthy as possible. Follow these five tips to make your air conditioning system healthier and enjoy cool, comfortable air all summer long.
1. Get a tune-up at the start of each cooling season
Every cooling season, homeowners should get their AC tuned-up. Here are four reasons why:
- A well-tuned AC will run more efficiently and use less energy, which saves you
- money on your utility bills;
- A tune-up helps ensure that your AC is running safely and at its peak performance, which can prolong the life of your unit; and
- Regular maintenance can help identify minor problems before they turn into costly repairs.
So don’t wait – call an HVAC technician today to schedule your tune-up.
2. Clean your air filters every month
If you’re like most homeowners, you probably know that it’s important to clean your air filters every month. But do you know why?
Air filters play an important role in keeping your home’s air clean and healthy. They help keep dust, dirt, and other particles from circulating through your house. And when they’re clogged with debris, not only does it make your home less comfortable to live in, but it can also have a negative impact on your health.
So if you haven’t been cleaning your air filters every month, now is the time to start. It’s a quick and easy way to help improve the quality of the air in your home and it could also save you money on your energy bills.
3. Keep the area around your outdoor unit clear of debris
If you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t give a lot of thought to the area around your air conditioning outdoor unit. But did you know that keeping it clear of debris is actually really important?
Debris can obstruct the airflow and prevent your AC from performing as efficiently as possible. It can clog up the air flow and cause your ac unit to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy bills. It can also damage your ac unit, shortening its lifespan.
That is why keeping the area around your ac unit clear of debris is a simple way to help maintain it and keep it running efficiently.
4. Keep the AC unit in the shade if possible
Ideally, your AC unit should be kept in the shade if possible. Here are three reasons why:
- It’ll keep your house cooler. The less sunlight your AC unit has to absorb, the cooler it will stay. This means you can set the thermostat a few degrees higher and still be comfortable.
- It’ll save you money because a cooler AC unit uses less energy, which saves you money on your utility bills.
- It’ll help extend the life of your AC unit. Excessive heat can damage an AC unit, so putting it under the shade ensures it will not be easily damaged.
5. Have your AC serviced at least once a year to keep it running smoothly
Your AC is a big investment, so it’s important to take care of it. By having your AC serviced at least once a year, you can ensure that it runs smoothly and efficiently all summer long. Plus, regular maintenance can help extend the life of your unit. If you’re not sure whether or not you need to service your AC, contact a trusted HVAC technician for advice.